Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Up, Dawn.


Up, Dawn, with your piercing subtle bronze,
I’ve been dancing all night on strings made of happiness and sorrow,
Fumbling through my former roads trying to understand the signs,
Waving goodbye too many times to that two-sided mirror in my heart.

Up, Dawn, with your masking gaze,
Cross-legged I’ll admire your empty endlessness with newborn eyes,
Crisp blades of blue sharpening and covering the conniving stars,
I’m a camel wearily trundling deserts alone for solitude is everlasting.

Up, Dawn, I plea to your power,
I’ve spoken no tongue, yet leave signs in the sands with a gentle wrist,
Parched, I whisper to the wind hoping to stay within ear shot of her heart,
I’ll grow as high as the liquid sky to absolve myself of the human flaw.

Up, Dawn, I’ve been waiting so long,
Shivering under wretched grey clouds curving to block your openness,
Night dwarfs still push my shoulders down, but I keep my chin pointed high,
Throw me into your blazing abyss so I’ll be quenched by your fiery bliss.