Sunday, October 2, 2011

Asleepwalking


I sleep walk my dog Ein most nights.  We saunter on our hind legs under little moons.  Crooning like wolves to the crescent waxing.                                My heart waning into a black hole sucking at my chest.                  He shakes his head, obviously disappointed.                    The suburb hushed by chocking time.    Line of cars on the streets like a showroom floor.             Ein breaks the doors with a bat.                       I hate fate cats.                The cars cries.                    We scatter gleefully into a yard.                                The ground gives way while we tumble into an indigo mirage.    I sink like a drunken sailor.                           Ein does backstrokes.                           The pressure of the past is a boulder on my back.             I can’t swim.                       Ein is doggy paddling.                             All the pictures are projected in this blue prison.               I can’t close my eyes.                     My tears are swallowed by the sea.           I keep drowning deeper and deeper with the darkness creeping over my skin like a cocoon.                You can never tell just how deep an ocean is till you dive in.        Bubbles tango out of my quivering lips two by two.                                Is this what death is?                                                                                      ……………………..I can’t make anything out                                                                                                  ..............I hear a gurgling                                                               …and a mute silence                                                                                                My heart blinks a sharp green…                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            don’t forget…