Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Room


I can’t settle in this room.
Its paste walls scream her smell and smile.
She’s settled on my neck like a bruise itching with pain.
I hear her voice in other words.
I glanced out the window staring at her moon.
Even with the lights off she haunts me
a figment pixilated in the air
fireflies swarming in shape of stars.
I’ll let my hole remain empty
feeding it will be only a drug.
This room…it pesters me with doubt.
Pricking my back with sharp teeth.
Watching clocks trundle forward
never going back.
She’ll keep her distance in the sky
that North Star guiding wanderers
she doesn’t know if this room is the right place.
It leaks comfort.  It’s a chaining domicile.
How can it possibly contain her energy?
She loves it though
it stirs her and keeps her from feeling lonely.
It keeps calling to her as its spotlight bursts through the night.
She’ll cry without.  She’ll wish it was part of her.
Even a star has trouble seeing any truth
and only surrounded by that endless nothing
can she hear her own heartbeat.
I’ll stay here
rooted deep letting it grow
awaiting till her source lets it blossom again.
I have to believe in that unmovable form
cause’ it’s all we ever live for.