Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Love


I call upon you, oh wise priestess, with your lovely grace,
In case you’ve reflected on the issue of love, I’m your disgrace,
I’ve been sapped of that enchanting elixir you let us drink,
A sweet drug fogging the eyes and pulling my heart while I think,

Please whisper in my ear Diotima, so I can hear your godly chime,
I’m as alone as the moon wandering among stars, against their rhyme,
As Apollo’s reigns hoist the Sun down to Hades I lament that brisk breathe,
For it’s not a trifle but uncertainty which clashes like Zeus bolted death,

You’ve quoted love, child, but let’s be clear,
love is no simple thing to hold, but easy to fear,
all wanderers’ dream of steering into such a beautiful place,
yet its Chance which makes those crossed paths face,

Love is an elusive fish swimming through life’s seas,
sometimes forced apart by unknown pleas,
you’ll question the forked road with no end in sight,
but you’ll never truly know it’s real without such plight,

So let the weavers design the yarn of your fate,
And hope the feeling flourishes before it’s too late.”