Saturday, May 29, 2010

Relapse

Render it obsolete, since those feelings,
they are fleeting. Don’t you see?
We can’t build sand castle’s out of fire, nor
fuel an engine with sweat.
No, it isn’t you who stirs my heart
glowing fluorescently.

X-rays reveal a tumor lodged deep within my brain.
It pulls and tugs and plays
each day the way it reaches cells
and turns them into clay.

I am blind. Waking once then lethargically withering
between different legs. I’m a zombie seeking brains, but
finding dense loud-mouths that like the way it sounds when
they imagine all is ok. Living among screens and speaking simple
so not to arose suspicion from the intellectual pumas ready to pounce
on those insignificant fools who act thespian yet read one sentence phrases
and write in crayon. I can’t let myself talk in nonsense and laugh at jesters who
dress in pressed one pieces to impress
the way-eyed beautify longing for that
American symphony chord in A-minor
discordant with the tone of children’s voices
who absently smile crookedly at the damage
in the pupils of those major add-ults since
they notice more pain in the movement of
their arms than a subjective I can see in
the whole world as it spins on a half-eaten
dandelion being ready to blow it to pieces
until eventually the summers’ gale perspires
among the prancing girls twirling their dresses
to the somba ringing in their ears, rather, it
may seem right to open doors for strangers, yet
one is only a stranger till they speak, so speak
please, speak to me before the respirator flat-lines
into a single chorus.

I have honored the gods who made us free,
so we can shot me into oblivion, if I’m not there yet.