Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fiends, Friends, or Fools

Tree bark tastes like licorice
when sprinkled with guile.

Hello friend!
Please, sit down on my back.
I take oceans and stars to lunch
for you.
I dress in diagonal lines and parallel robes
for you.
I drink hemlock in 2 dollar wine cans
for you.
I laugh and cry and laugh and cry.
for you.

Wind brings another breathe
when inhaled with a vacuum.

Hello friend!
Please, crush my very soul
in the soles of your feet.
Mere dirt collected from grass
and helpless lobster shells
from the times, remember?
When we both giggled like school kids,
bottles rockets burst ear drums,
shattering,
crashing,
spewing black dust in my eyes.
I hide the red veins crocked on my pupils.
You never liked it when I cried.
You made me cry.
You make me cry.
O, but it was all a jest.
Right?
The glass that cuts my feet in the sand,
you put it there,
didn’t you?
I thought I saw you,
that day,
in the bush shooting me with sniper rounds from afar.
You laugh as you stab me in the front.
I don’t get the joke,
since it is on me.
About me. It is all about me.