Friday, January 29, 2010

It looks Ominous up ahead...

Perspire, as the envelope stays jarringly on the rug. I have waited for months to know, but it seems daunting, it lying there, taunting my resolve. My mind wonders, what is it going to say? Its odd, how this weigh his placed upon a simple sheet of paper. It determines where I will be when the snow falls. Anywhere but here! I perceive the possibilities of other worlds, gaily looping through scenes that resemble change. Beaches, shores, towns, cities, and all the nostalgia of capturing the places within my eyes. Locking on my goal haunts my bones. What if I stay here? I will try again. I won't stop trying to push my pen across canvases, creating stories, magical phantasms, until the final note falls from my lips. But, I believe in myself. My back aches, I have been here too long, my head hurts, its barring down on my soul, my arms are tired, I've run out of time, I need to know. It makes no difference between now and then, since I will still be alive. I take a breathe, eying the envelope, and reach down to grasp it. What ever it says, I will be ready.