Monday, February 20, 2012

Air Balloon


The string dances between my fingers, rattling like an angry snake
waiting for me to let go, go high that heart shaped ship extending its
sails hoping to catch wind, when will the pink sunrise peek east I’ve
been waiting so long, long fields of effortless daisies shivering with
nights eerie gust, trust open door smiles and soft words even if my
body is too exhausted from overwork, work thought bubbles like
empty pictures that need filling, fretting storm clouds clapping and
covering the shy stars, stars leak lightening sparking symbols of
frowns and x’s and o’s, suppose this balloon does fly high I’ll then
finally set myself free, free ferries skidding above ooze oceans
carrying old familiar faces, places with bikini’s and blue umbrellas
filling my empty sky, sky whirling with ignorant grey clouds that
suck up the quiet balloon, I swipe at the string as it waves goodbye
with her red velvet lips, my lips mouth a requiem for the dead love
lying at my feet, little did I know the hole was already there.