Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sorry

It was freezing. Stunned. Immediate disdain.

--like getting shocked by an exposed wire.

Those memories flooded back. Step back. Resist.

Fight. Anger. Harsh. You can’t look directly. Wander within the white carpet.

My mind fumbled. Awed. My chest panged. Scared.

Half-thoughts. Empty reasons. Doubt.

Tears shot the floor. Second. Feet cemented. Didn’t leave.

Question. Questioning. Questioned. Disbelief.

Couldn’t articulate. Too cold. Too sudden. Wind bit. Tugged.

You’re head ached. Shadow cried. Lips quivered.

Run. Ran. Flee. Escape.

Bat me away. Turn your back. Act tough.

Leave. Vanish. Evacuate. Remove.

Empty your mind. Block my image. Re-paint that room.

I forgot. I wanted. I will.

No eyes watching. Not looking. Didn’t look back.

All that is, was, will be.

No exchange. No loose words. No denial.

Love.

All I wanted to say. All I paid for. All I stood for. All I am.

I’m sorry.