Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nightmares are the past now

The memories float like specters, wailing and aw’ing through the large windows at my bedside making me shiver, it is fear, that shudder as I hide my feet deeper into the creases of my mind, I remember, when you got news of your mother hurt, in an accident, we were still blooming then, but your tears were more real, causing me to cringe shards punctured my heart, I heaved remorse, obsequiously obliging to aid you, when I was able to make you laugh even as you cried, chuckling as drops sled down those dimples and innocent eyes, I couldn’t have been happier, our conjunct was ethereal, that is what I told you, and myself, fooling the warm moments to a moderate tranquility to efface the arrows aiming at me, for me, to an oasis, a stasis that bridges between time and space, watching the stream together gaily treading beneath us, lightly massaging your palm, glancing at you, then back at the scene, I can’t put you through that, can’t allow you to try to drive with me, forced in shotgun, your eyes darting back behind you, the oven is on, you forgot, I forgot, you have to stay for something else, your other self is left there and isn’t ready to leave, heaving water out the windows, our hands skid away from themselves, no grip, that primrose skin spangles like dawn when you smile, awhile waiting for me as I finished the marathon, sweating and beaten, crippled, allowing me to rest my soul on your shoulder, a care cracked your face like a lightning bolt, o that comfort of having someone to bare burdens, but you wouldn’t want to carry the load, no, these ghosts prance at the facades and shadows with devious smiles, can’t read them straight, obliquely shuffling notes and letters to make some sense, at the wedding reception, in that elegant blue gown, wound around that pale waist like the sky, love rung in the air, chimes from bells and empty crystal glasses, like cymbals slightly whispering for a kiss, that joining of two separate entities breathing energy, inertia into the others soul, that is what it is made for, to unite two imperfects seeking their other half, but how do you know, the silent ghouls let out hideous laughter, a cold front brushes my whole body, their words jolt my spine, to remind me what I will never find, “You will never know, your mind is too slow, focused on the air not your toes, moments pass you like a day, away they sail with you not feeling that warmth the Sun bestows, crows and doves caw and love but lack to quench your interests, so unresolved, nothing will be ever solved.” The worst part is, I know in my heart, they are right…